[pianotech] Swedish Upright

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 9 09:24:51 MST 2011

Lim said:
 "Hi list
This Swedish upright has a unique action. There is a cord and spring at the jack area."

Lim,
Probably not unique to many oldtimers, such as me. That is, basically, an English design, that I've seen in many "modern style over-damper" uprights. It can be a real pain to work on when the cords or the  springs go bad. <G>  The jack repositioning is very positive and the repetition can be very good when all is working properly.
Regards,
Joe
Sent from my blackberry patch out back.<G>

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police
Squares R I