[pianotech] Swedish upright

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Wed Feb 9 09:31:38 MST 2011

It should be noted that in talking about similar old Bechstein actions,
I was speaking of the spring and loop that Lim's photos show, as being
IN ADDITION to the normal jack spring.

There were plenty of old "spring and loop" type actions that had an
arrangement like this INSTEAD of a jack spring under the jack heel.
Those don't, in my experience, regulate well or feel good; not least, I
suppose, because the actions are very old and tend to have been put in
cheapo pianos to start with.

Lim, your photos don't really show the jack heel - are there normal jack
springs under there?

Best regards,

David.