[pianotech] Octaves & Unions

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Sat Feb 12 20:00:43 MST 2011

Wow---I maintained that piano, I believe, for three or four years sometime in the last decade (2003-2007?) Then they changed the management regime, lost the high-end paradigm, consistently banged on me to lower my price and "besides, why do you have to mess with the piano so much?"

Thus, the el cheapo "elderly famous studio tuner," who is literally 90 years old and refuses to give up, providing very good tunings ONLY---nothing else, EVER---for about half of what I charge. The only reason that Bosie isn't as torn up as the other studio pianos the "senior tuner" "maintains" is because the studio is kind of out-of-the-way and has a reputation as an expensive and boutique place---the piano gets softer, less frequent use.

That's a great piano; one of the best 225s I ever put my hands on...I'm glad you got a chance to give it some love, Alan....
DA