[pianotech] Sub Harmonic "buzzing" in Treble Intervals

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Wed Feb 16 11:38:15 MST 2011

Jeff

Sound like a sympathetic vibration from another source, other than the soundboard.

There are lots of possibilities, but start with looking all over the board for a foreign object. It could even be under the plate, which makes it difficult to see.  Is the buzz still there with the lid completely closed? Because another source might be the short stick on the prop.

Wim