[pianotech] CA pinblock with tight bushings?

Douglas Gregg classicpianodoc at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 12:50:09 MST 2011

Terry, If you don't think the soundboard moves, try putting a paper
clip on a grand soundboard and watch (and hear) it bounce when you
play.  You can do the same with an audio speaker cone and it does the
same thing. It moves back and forth and amplifies the sound. Without
that the piano sounds dead with very little volume. Or were you just
pulling my leg.

Doug Gregg

Ya gave me a link, so I had to click on it........

 From the "Tuning and Repairs" section of that link: "The soundboard
is the heart of the piano. SNIP  It moves and amplifies the sound of
the strings."

Ouch!

Terry Farrell