[pianotech] Bottom Board Material

Delwin D Fandrich del at fandrichpiano.com
Fri Feb 18 09:07:33 MST 2011

But it does hold screws well. It is, after all, made of birch through and
through. As such is it is not particularly cheap though I wouldn't call it
frightfully expensive either. Yes, it is consistently flat. It machines well
though you can pick up nasty slivers if you're not careful. It has been used
by many manufacturers for making jigs and templates that have to last a
reasonable amount of time and remain stable and accurate during that time.

ddf

Delwin D Fandrich
Piano Design & Fabrication
620 South Tower Avenue