[pianotech] Square Grands v.s. Square Pianos

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 21 22:26:30 MST 2011

Keith said:
"Joe,

I only posted the Wikipedia link as an easy reference source.
It has nothing to do with believing.

How about the PTG as a credible reference source?
http://www.ptg.org/resources-historyOfPianos-square.php

You don't have a problem with that do you?

Here are two more reference sources for the fun of it.
1) Encyclopedia Britannica:
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/561688/square-piano

2) Kenneth B. Brewer Antique Pianos:
http://www.kbbantiquepianos.com/squares.html

Having an opinion does not substantiate "the correct and accepted terminology"."

Sincerely,

Keith,
It is not my "Opinion", but rather what I was taught and learned from other Techs over the years. You might want to check with many prestigious Museums. That is the way they approach it.. Not any of my doing in the definative reference department. Don't know why you are taking such a negative attitude, but I guess that's your perogative. I know, I do it, so that entitles you.<G> Believe what you will.
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police
Squares R I