[pianotech] Square Grands v.s. Square Pianos

Mr. Mac's tune-repair at allegiance.tv
Mon Feb 21 22:46:20 MST 2011

On Feb 21, 2011, at 11:26 PM, Joseph Garrett wrote:

> It is not my "Opinion", but rather what I was taught and learned from other Techs over the years.
> You might want to check with many prestigious Museums.
> That is the way they approach it.. Not any of my doing in the definative reference department.
> Don't know why you are taking such a negative attitude,
> but I guess that's your perogative. I know, I do it, so that entitles you.<G> Believe what you will.

Joe,

So it's a negative attitude when I challenge your suppositions,
   but it's not when you refute incontrovertible evidences.

So, here's the gist. You have yet to site any references
   other than what you have been taught and learned
   from other Techs over the years.
And then you suggest I check with many prestigious museums.

Why don't you offer links to these Techs and Museums yourself.
Otherwise, it's just your word and opinion.

And then you attempt to authenticate it's my prerogative,
  based solely because you do it,
   that somehow I am enabled to behave as you do.

It's either Square pianos, or it is not.
The position of the Piano Technicians Guild (PTG) is clear.
You are a Registered Piano Technician of that Guild.

Do you support the position of the PTG's official statement at:
http://www.ptg.org/resources-historyOfPianos-square.php

or not.

You know what started this. How about owning up? <G>

Sincerely,

Keith McGavern