[pianotech] Breaking Kawai treble strings

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Feb 22 08:54:45 MST 2011

I'm interested in this too, Daniel,

One piano professor has 2 Steinway B's from the 70's that both break
strings about as frequently.  I put new hammers on one, but that did
nothing except sound better again; I'm considering the restringing and
capo shaping, but if someone out there has the "fix" that is NOT
restringing, I'd love to hear.

Paul