[pianotech] practice rail

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 22 13:10:18 MST 2011

Hi Everyone,
I tuned up this Winter spinet after I did some work on it, but it's been a while since I took the practice rail off.  I find it odd that this piano had one.  I'm curious, are there supposed to be two dowles or only one on the far right where the metal arm screws into.  It was an interesting arrangement.  I couldn't recall where the left side of this rail screwed into. Is there suposed to be two dowles?  The customer was out of the country for a month and finally got back with me, so I put the action in last week and tuned it today but I cannot recall how this practice rail muffler rail goes backin. My wife who has 20/20 sight couldn't see any screw holes on the left inside part of the piano either.  I should have taken a pic. of it.  Thanks everyone
Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com