[pianotech] practice rail

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 22 23:05:06 MST 2011

Hi Tom & JF,
thank you for the help.  My wife actually had to come in to help me see the holes, and she had trouble finding them as well.  th e problem is that I took this out back in October and we finally finished it today due to this customer being out of the country for a month several snow storms a flu bug or two.  I don't recall there being a wire on the left side when I took it out.  The one arm has a hole for the screw that goes into the dowle, and the other hs two.  Does the wire then act like an extender so the thing will reach and pull it over to the left enough to connect?  Could I use piano wire and make a string eye on both ends to put the screws into, a heavier gauge of wire?  I'm having trouble visualizing it a little.  I've never seen a spinet with a practice rail.  Thanks again.
Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com