[pianotech] Quick Quickbooks question

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 24 10:24:10 MST 2011

Keith said:
"Matthew,
I do use QB2010.
Simply put, if you charge a customer for parts,
whether you charge retail or wholesale,
a sales tax must be dealt with. No way out."

Keith/Matthew,
There may be...IF you have the client write checks directly to the suppliers, then you are not 'buying' the merchandise. Therefore it does not go through your bank account/system...That is, until you charge for the installation of said merchandise. Then, a different criteria kicks in. At least, that's what my B.K. has told me. In the end, you still have to pay taxes on that stuff, just different rates, as I see it. BTW, Oregon does not have state sales taxes, so it's a different animal...so.... all this may not apply.<G
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police
Squares R I