[pianotech] Temperature for Pinblock Drilling

Roger@Integra.net rgable at integra.net
Sun Jan 2 13:23:28 MST 2011

Steve,
Temperature (within reasonable limits) isn't a primary factor for most woodworking tasks, although temperature influences the humidity, which can be a concern. Pin block drilling, particularly the material you mentioned with it's high glue content, would not be affected by the humidity (or temperature), again within reasonable limits. A "tag" in your inquiry raises some questions. Why are you working in a shop that is only 50 degrees? In my area of the country, a 50 degree shop with the almost 100% humidity outside is not enough heat to bring down the inside humidity to 50% or less. Woodworkers shops would be best if maintained at about 40% to 50% humidity.
Roger Gable