[pianotech] price-negotiating customers

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 13:47:20 MST 2011

Good point, Susan!

I have occasionally discussed my rates with my clients, if they make a
comment. What I usually tell them is that once a year my partner and I take
off our worker hats and put on our management hats. We simply look at demand
- if we have been booked a couple of weeks out or more over the course of
the year we raise our rates. I have used the line "I owe it to my family to
get the best compensation I can".

If you are not losing a few clients over your rates, then you aren't
charging enough!

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT
Puget Sound Chapter