[pianotech] price-negotiating customers

Alan Eder reggaepass at aol.com
Mon Jan 3 16:07:15 MST 2011

Yes, and at my regular rate.  As others have pointed out, one needn't take offense at a (potential) client trying to negotiate.  We just have to let them know in no uncertain terms that it ain't gonna happen.  Also, having lived in parts of the world where EVERYTHING is negotiable, haggling can have a social function that is not to be overlooked--it is one crucial way for people to engage each other, regardless of the final economic outcome.

Alan E.