[pianotech] OFF Topic

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Mon Jan 3 22:00:07 MST 2011

On 1/3/2011 8:23 PM, Dean May wrote:
> Because my views leave you alone as long as you aren't hurting other
> people. That shouldn't require persuading a majority, it's common
> sense and a cornerstone of true freedom. Remember, you are the one
> that needs a gun and threat of violence to do your "good."
> Dean
Well, Dean, it seems to me that if you advocate eliminating fire and
police departments, and building codes and inspectors, by refusing to
pay for them, you can't say you aren't hurting other people. These are
essential services for the public welfare, and without them, many people
will get hurt. And you are quite free to openly oppose them (as you are
doing here) without anyone coming after you with a gun. The only time a
gun would be used against you is if you decided to oppose them by arming
yourself and threatening others. All In My Opinion, of course. I have no
idea where you are coming from and how you got these ideas, but right
wing radio, TV, and websites seems a likely guess.

Susan