[pianotech] the Gripper System

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 4 23:11:14 MST 2011

Barbara,
Looks like a lot of fancy schmancy tinkertoys to me! By the time you get done buying all of the accessories, you'll be into that a few hundred dollars, at least. I have a good Craftsman Table saw, probably made in the 60's. I may use it 4 or 5 times a year, if that. Most of the time I use it in a dimensional sander mode. Most of the time is just sits there with a special plexiglass cover over it and it becomes and addendun of one of my work benches. The saw that I use the most is the Band Saw. A whole different breed there,, to be sure. Personally, I've never had a "kick back", although I've seen others, in my shop, have them. Scary to be sure, but that was because of improper use of the tool, IMO.<G> Luckily, no one was hurt. They could have been. Would The Gripper have eliviated that problems for those others...maybe, but I doubt it. Most shop acccidents happen because of two things: 1. Lack of knowledge of how to operate the equipement 2. Not paying strict attention at all times of the job at hand. Just my take on such things,
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police
Squares R I

P.S.
Did you ever find that really cool screw gauge?<G>