[pianotech] OFF Topic

George F Emerson pianoguru at cox.net
Tue Jan 4 23:34:58 MST 2011

I have been biting my tongue on this thread, but now I have to pipe in.  I will never forget my grandmother's brother saying that he was, at that time, paying more in property tax EACH YEAR to keep the farm that his father bought, than his father paid to purchase that farm in the first place!  What did you pay to buy your home?  Can you imagine your children paying that amount, over and over, EVERY YEAR just to keep it?  I have not yet read "The Road To Serfdom" but I got a copy of it for Christmas.  That is were we are.  We cannot own anything, as things are now structured: we only lease it from the government.  That opinion is not based on listening to too much "toxic" talk radio; it is based on my own family history.  Do the research.  Get the facts.  I expect that you will find the same invasion of government into your own family history.  Government is out of control.  We must reverse it now, or our children will pay the price in outrageous proportion!

BTW, the farm that my great-uncle owned has since been confiscated by the government, and flooded to make a man-made lake for the "collective common good.," fishing, boating, camping, and other such essential functions of government!  The home where I was raised as a child has also been confiscated by the government for a local college expansion, ostensibly.  The fact is that my family rented three apartments to married college students, as well as providing a home for our family.  For what purpose do you suppose the college is now using that real estate?  You guessed it!  It is now "married student housing."  The only difference is that it is no longer a profitable private enterprise, but a government owned venture, operating at a loss. In an earlier generation it provided an income to my family.  Now it is functioning as an "entitlement," loosing tax-payer money every day.

George F. (Frank) Emerson
Phone: 352/566-7235
VOIP: 352/450-1904
Mobile  USA: 352/216-0161