[pianotech] Appropriate replacement hammers for Winter spinet?

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Jan 5 21:52:42 MST 2011

FWIW Patrick - glueing them back on will return the piano tone to
match the rest of the unaffected hammers. That has been my experience
every time. I'm not suggesting that it will sound as good as a new set
of appropriate hammers, but it can return the piano to it's previous
(nasty) un-felt-falling-off-hammers state. My experience has been that
99.9% of the time owners of these pianos would much rather "fix" it
for $50 rather than many $100s. But it sounds like Kurt has a client
that is willing to go a better way - what a wonderful thing.

Terry Farrell