[pianotech] Appropriate replacement hammers for Winter spinet?

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Jan 5 22:17:59 MST 2011

On 1/5/2011 7:50 PM, Kurt Baxter wrote:

> Plus, this client actually seems interested in doing the job right. It's
> just giving me a bit of whiplash that I found a spinet owner interested
> in doing any piano repair job right.

That is pretty scary. Better burn some incense to keep evil spirits
away, just in case.

> A bit off the topic, has anyone here ever done a full rebuild on a spinet?

I never have, and I'm not sure I'd try if I got the chance. It's not a
snob thing, but more the practical limitations of seeing what I'm trying
to do and reaching it down there in the Stygian depths. I know there are
jacks down there somewhere, because I can hear them laughing at me. I
just can't see them.
Ron N