[pianotech] Appropriate replacement hammers for Winter spinet?

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Wed Jan 5 23:57:43 MST 2011

If the glue holding the hammers to the moldings has failed to that
extent, a new set is needed. Go with something the same weight and
dimension, from Ronsen. You might be able to pull off the old ones
without trashing many of the shanks, maybe after a little bit of heat.

You can kind of glue the felt back down, but can you really pull it as
tight as it originally was? Plus there are the missing ones. It would be
a piebald mess, and the tone wouldn't be uniform either. This sounds
like the perfect Winter Spinet to get a new set of hammers. Such a
rarity ...

Susan