[pianotech] Spinets making music

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 16:41:00 MST 2011

Thanks for sharing Ron! Very musical playing. I didn't notice the bobbling
hammers that someone else mentioned.

Here is a link to the post on piano world:
http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1591011/1.html

Susan: About the tuning, be aware that Bill Bremmer had just tuned the piano
in EBVT III. Personally I thought the  piano sounded delightful given the
instrument. Maybe it would have sounded better to your ear ET.

I enjoy working on some spinets, and always have one or two in my inventory.
They usually sell reasonably fast. They aren't big money makers, but I can
usually get them for between $200-500, and sell them for between $1300-2500
depending on condition and model.

Obviously this person is a talented player with excellent musical
sensibilities. So when I hear piano technicians say things like "Spinets
aren't real pianos", or "they aren't worth working on" , I just roll my
eyes.

But, I'm also one of those people who's ears prick up at the bubbly sound of
an old air-cooled VW engine too!

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT
Puget Sound Chapter