[pianotech] Baldwin Pedal with squeaky rubber grommet

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Fri Jan 7 04:38:25 MST 2011

Hi Loren

Welcome to the list. Lots of wisdom, lots of opinions, lots of curmudgeons.
:-)

I suspect your squeak is not coming from where you think. That joint of lift
rod to the back of pedal is always the first one I condemn as being the
cause, it it almost never is. I've found the two most common are the pedal
pivots and the connection at the top of the lift rod. Other places to look
obviously are at all the trap work pivots and every place with sliding
friction.

Dean

Dean W May                (812) 235-5272

PianoRebuilders.com    (888) DEAN-MAY

Terre Haute IN 47802