[pianotech] Bass String Length Mismatch Tuning Trouble

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 07:16:24 MST 2011

They surely do look unequal. I wouldn't accept it, although I couldn't say
for sure what exact unison tuning problems it would cause. It certainly
doesn't help to get clean unisons.

Did you check the string level and hammer mating? If the strings are out of
phase, you won't get clean unisons. Might help things.

--
JF