[pianotech] Baldwin Pedal with squeaky rubber grommet

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Fri Jan 7 23:33:26 MST 2011

On 1/7/2011 4:31 AM, Tom Driscoll wrote:
> I would consider losing the pin setup and creating a leather pocket in
> the pedal and lubing the inside with VJ.

I suspect that this pin was introduced to make up for the lack of a
guide rail for the pedal rods. I'd suggest thinking twice before
removing it permanently. I once heard of a Baldwin pedal rod jumping
right out of the socket in concert and clattering onto the stage. If you
want to change the setup, building and installing a guide rail high up
(in the usual place) might be the way to go.

Susan Kline