[pianotech] ethylene glycol leak damages Yamaha C3

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Mon Jan 10 11:55:01 MST 2011

 My mom got a new Yamaha G1 (my daughter has it now) back in '64, a big
splurge for our family. The salesman told her to put a drop of anti-freeze
at the base of the tuning pins every year which she faithfully did for 10
years or so. Doesn't seem to have harmed it at this point, pins are still
tight.

Piano salesmen are among the worst propogators of disinformation.

Dean