[pianotech] pitch and temperature

chip tuthill chiptuthill at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 10 11:55:11 MST 2011

Same problem for me here in Colorado. No heat in the church or opera house.
Tuning in gloves , hat and heavy jacket. Then the owner turns on the heat.  From
15 to 70 degrees forced hot air right on the piano. Tuning goes to hell. I turn
off the heat and leave a note for the piano player- good luck. No heat for the
tuning. Can only guess what did happen after I leave. Concert was in two hours.

Chip