[pianotech] pitch and temperature

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Mon Jan 10 13:05:06 MST 2011

You talking to me or Chip, or both of us?  I think it is the same difference
either way, although I am probably more comfortable than poor hypothermiated
(is that a word?) Chip.  At least Chip can claim it was in tune until the
heat was turned on J.  I can't even do that.

The piano is obeying the same laws of physics whether or not the piano is
being tuned or has been tuned, with the large temperature shifts that Chip
and I are encountering.  This instability occurs every time they turn the
heat on and off, which is at least once a week if they are good Christians.
Whether or not the tree is heard falling in the forest, it's still falling,
and the church is wasting it's money tuning the piano.

Tell me Chip, did the pianist get frostbitten fingers?

Will