[pianotech] pitch and temperature

Gene Nelson nelsong at intune88.com
Mon Jan 10 10:10:21 MST 2011

When I put a new board in my Knabe I did it in my unheated/unairconditioned
uninsulated garage.
Dried the blank under blankets over a heater to  6%mc. Measured across the
grain and made marks. When removed from covers and heat the garage was about
60F and 65%rh. As I recall I had about two hours working time before the
unfinished blank started to grow.
Gene