[pianotech] Lauter Non-Blocking Action

Philip Jamison mortier9 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 11 12:20:34 MST 2011

I'm working on a 1920s Lauter player with an odd "Non-Blocking" action which has no bridle straps or back checks. Consequently, the hammer return is entirely dependent upon the hammer butt springs. A lot of sticking hammers in this action (not to mention about a hundred stink bugs hiding everywhere in it!). Has anyone ever worked on this style action? It has a brass rail. The center pins don't seem real tight, so I'm thinking to replace the butt springs.

Also, is there a way to search the entire Pianotech Archives? The Pianotech search page (http://ptg.org/pipermail/pianotech.php/) requires a separate search for each month back to 1994.

Best,

Philip Jamison
PA