[pianotech] My Dillema: 5 Browns

Phil Frankenberg philfrank56 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 11 14:36:06 MST 2011

In two months the 5 Browns are coming to Chico  to give a concert and open rehearsal. With them comes 5 pianos, 2S&S D's and 3 B's. I am expected to tune them all the day they arrive (the open rehearsal day) and the next day which is the day of the concert. I am a good tuner and I'm relatively quick, but there's no way I can do 5 concert tuning in 5 hours and repeat that again the next day. I'm 64 years old and comfortable with two a day and often three, but even when I was 25 I wouldn't have been able to do a good job after the first three. I assume they have done concerts all over the country and other techs have faced something similar. Any advice? Anyone want to trade places with me for a couple of days? I wish I could do it, I'd give them a whopper of a bill.

Thanks

Phil Frankenberg
CSUChico
Chico, Ca.