[pianotech] animals interrupting tunings

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Wed Jan 12 08:34:05 MST 2011

What kinds of stories do some of you have about animals interrupting tunings? I
ave one customer with a dog which tried to sing the note I was tuning.
ometimes I ask customers to remove the bird cage from the room as the birds
eally get going as I do the top octaves.

There's nothing wrong with asking the customer to put the animal outside or in another room. Parrots and parakeets will usually get quiet when a cover is put over the cage.

Just the other day, while I was tuning, it sounded like someone was having a phone conversation in the other room. Nothing disturbing, but a constant chatter. I thought it was the son, but then I realized it was a parrot. When I was leaving the parrot said goodbye to me.

Wim

What kinds of stories do some of you have about animals interrupting tunings? I
ave one customer with a dog which tried to sing the note I was tuning.
ometimes I ask customers to remove the bird cage from the room as the birds
eally get going as I do the top octaves.
Somebody's comment recently about a Yugo (referring to the Winter piano) led me
o a web page about the Elvis parody on the Yugo. That led me to another one
ith this Einstein Parrot video: http://humor.beecy.net/videos/einstein-parrot/
ave fun.
Wally
A FINE TUNE - Piano Tuning & Repairs
allace T. Scherer, piano technician, music educator
020 Canal Drive, Lake Worth, Florida, 33463-8014
elephone: 561-432-4121
eb page: http://aftune.angelfire.com
acebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-FINE-TUNE-PIANO-TUNING-REPAIRS/129845010366185
REE TICKETS: http://aftune.angelfire.com/freetics.html