[pianotech] My Dilemma: 5 Browns

Dempsey Jr., Paul E dempsey at marshall.edu
Wed Jan 12 09:12:54 MST 2011

Hi,

The 5 Browns were here last April. When they first appeared on the schedule, my first hope was that the pianos traveled with their own tech but no such luck.

The 2 D's and 3 B's came to Huntington from Chicago via Indianapolis. Still pretty cold that time in April.

I got lucky because the pianos were delivered early the day before the event so I had as much time as I wanted both that day and the next day prior to their rehearsal and the a couple of hours before show time to touch up the two D's.

One of the D's did need a bit of judicious voicing and some regulation.

As others have indicated, these are 5 wonderful kids. It was a great performance and they were very complimentary to me.

If you can, be sure to be there to watch the tear sown after the show. I marveled in the fact that all 5 grands were broken down, packed in their travel cases and back on the truck in less than 30 minuets.

Don't worry, you'll do fine.

Paul E. Dempsey, RPT
Piano Technician Sr.
Marshall University