[pianotech] Using a burn in knife to repair lacquer

Greg Newell gnewell at ameritech.net
Wed Jan 12 16:12:03 MST 2011

David,
	I suggest you read the info from Mohawk on their website. There
might be some step by step stuff, I doubt it, but I usually gain more
information myself from simply reading through the catalogues. All that said
if the color is still there you can burn in a clear fill over the dimple or
ding and then with various efforts match the sheen over the fill. Again I
recommend the guy who taught an excellent class from Mohawk which I recently
attended. He can be reached at gregalwil at yahoo.com.

Greg Newell
Greg's Piano Forté
www.gregspianoforte.com