[pianotech] animals interrupting tunings

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Thu Jan 13 06:57:59 MST 2011

Great Stories!

Dean

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf
Of David Nereson
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 8:49 PM
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: Re: [pianotech] animals interrupting tunings

    Yeah, all of the above-- I've had birds sit on my shoulder, on my head,
cockatiels that were trained to scream, "I love you!!" every few minutes,
parrots that sing along, CLIENTS who sing or whistle along, as they're
dusting or mopping; dogs that come up and put their slobbery jowls onto your
freshly-cleaned pants, cats that jump onto the bench, your lap, on top of
the piano; cats that are used to sleeping on the strings of a grand, cats
that chase the end of the temperament strip as you insert it into the
strings, or when you're rolling it up after the tuning; little yappers that
nip your ankles, steal your temperament strips, swallow your ear plugs, run
off with your dust rag, or your handle mutes, etc.