[pianotech] Pinbloc/plate flange gap

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Thu Jan 13 15:49:17 MST 2011

How much instability are you seeing? If it is going sharp and flat with the
season changes then I doubt the flange gap is the source of the problem.

The very first step towards stability would be a full Dampp-Chaser system
with bottom cover. Then make sure there are no HVAC vents around the piano.
Check the ceiling and floor. These beasts are very susceptible to humidity
swings and air currents.

Dean

Dean W May                (812) 235-5272

PianoRebuilders.com    (888) DEAN-MAY

Terre Haute IN 47802

  _____