[pianotech] Pinbloc/plate flange gap

Kent Swafford kswafford at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 15:58:47 MST 2011

I have not seen a GA1 recently thank goodness, but the design of the piano model's scale is the problem. Don't waste your time with the plate/pinblock mating.

I can recall coming to GA1's repeatedly whose tenor had changed 45 cents with the change of seasons. I suspect the tenor changed more than twice as much as in any other piano I have seen. There is no way these pianos are going to stay in tune.

Sorry,

Kent Swafford