[pianotech] accepting credit card for service calls

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Fri Jan 14 10:43:35 MST 2011

The customers who I find most often want to use credit cards are
federal and state governments.  You can accept a credit card through
PayPal without the customer signing up for it.  All they need is an
email address and web access.

The last time I tuned for a federal prison, I offered this method to
them.  They said they weren't allowed to have web access because of
security... so he just read me all the credit card info over the
phone!  (Much less safe!).  So I sent the invoice to another email
address of mine, and paid myself that way...

PayPal is the cheapest method I've found.  I'm thinking of giving a
$10 discount for immediate payment.  Accts receivable takes me more
time.

--Cy--

Cy Shuster, RPT
Albuquerque, NM