[pianotech] accepting credit card for service calls

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Sat Jan 15 11:11:26 MST 2011

I have been accepting Credit Cards through PayPal for a few years now. It's very safe and reliable, I get my money in 3 days. The only problem I have is that all transactions must be made via email and I can't accept a CC number directly.

Al -
High Point, NC

This is the reason I don't use Pay Pal. I use the direct approach. A customer hands me their credit card, I record the numbers, and they sign my tuning ticket. That's all they have to do. The customer doesn't have to get on line and do all that work. I can take a CC over the phone, too. I do that when someone wants to give a tuning to a child or grandchild as a gift.  Just the other day a college used a CC for a major action job. I got my money right away, instead of waiting a month or two for the finance office to process the paper work. Several times I've tuned a piano for someone who was at work, and I got her CC over the phone.

WIm