[pianotech] Replacing action bracket bolt

Barbara Nobbe barbara at pitchperfectpianos.com
Tue Jan 18 13:01:08 MST 2011

Hello all,

I have stumbled into a P22 where the middle action bracket bolt threads are cross-threaded so I couldn't get the knob back on to secure the action back in place.  (Not to mention, it was a booger trying to get the knob off the cross-threads to remove the action for work...but I digress)

Anyway, Yamaha has sent me a new bolt and now it's time to swap the good for the bad.  I have never done this before, so I thought I would call for back up before making my attempt.

It looks to me that the action bracket bolt