[pianotech] Fw: Replacing action bracket bolt

Barbara Nobbe barbara at pitchperfectpianos.com
Tue Jan 18 13:11:05 MST 2011

Aahhh!  My computer sent my email before I was done!  Sorry folks!  Lol.

Anyway, as I was saying, it looks like the new action bracket bolt simply screws into the back of the piano like a large bolt (hence, the name). Which would mean to get the old bolt out, I would have to unscrew it out.  My question is though, is there a certain wrench or tool to use to get a good grip around the bolt so as not to mar it up?  Also, is there any thing I might be missing?  Could the job really be as easy as it sounds?

Attached is a picture of the new bolt to help any visual thinkers like myself.  Thanks in advance for your help!  I'm done with my question for now, so I'll hit the send button...

Barb Nobbe, RPT
Lexington, KY