[pianotech] Price the market will bear

david at piano.plus.com david at piano.plus.com
Thu Jan 20 03:17:35 MST 2011

Thank you for those kind sentiments.

My mother was 84 but had not, happily, lost any mental faculties. At the
foot of her chair were two scholarly books about Medieval England which
she had been re-reading from university days (she attended Glasgow
University as a mature student in the early  1980s).

My point about the amount charged for advice was really that it
illustrates how markets are different, as we have discussed here before.
The amount charged for consultation/advice was fairly standard FOR
FUNERALS.  It is not an amount we would be ever able to charge for
consulation/advice FOR PIANOS, even for comparable amounts of
time/expertise.  Two different markets.

Best regards,

David Boyce.