[pianotech] Price the market will bear

Alan Eder reggaepass at aol.com
Thu Jan 20 11:31:30 MST 2011

Hi David,

When I think about the funeral industry (and other industries, for that matter, that exploit people being at both an emotional and logistical disadvantage), I am reminded of the ending of the masterpiece by the filmmaking Coen Bros., "The Big Lebowski."  Viewing it will not resolve the disparity between what we piano technicians charge for advice compared to funeral "homes," but at least it will give you a chuckle to see how John Goodman's character (one of his greatest roles) responds to the rip-off attempt regarding an "appropriate receptacle" for a friend's cremated remains.

Alan Eder