[pianotech] A440 Tuning Fork

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Jan 20 13:28:12 MST 2011

On 1/20/2011 1:54 PM, Mark Schecter wrote:
> Thanks for reposting these formulas. However, I can't do fractional
> exponents in my head, but my method I can. For estimating, it's
> easier for me.

Well, sure, but that's what spreadsheets are for, and one post of a
couple of formulas answers the cents/beats question in any part of the
scale. It's a pretty good educational tool, I think. I don't know that I
ever have had to generate real numbers for tuning, but the method is
there should it come up some day.
Ron N