[pianotech] Wing nuts to square Nuts

johnparham at piano88.com johnparham at piano88.com
Mon Jan 24 07:54:49 MST 2011

If you run into this issue a lot, you may want to invest in a "thread
gauge."  It looks like a feeler gauge for spark plugs. By trial and
error, find the sample that fits your threads and you've identified the
number of threads per inch (for fractional sizes).  They make fractional
and metric gauges.

-John Parham