[pianotech] To unplug or not to unplug

George F Emerson pianoguru at cox.net
Mon Jan 24 13:07:44 MST 2011

When I was a university tech, we built an enclosed box for storage of three concert grands.  Each grand was in a separate partitioned area.  The DC systems were installed in the boxes, not the pianos.  They remained plugged in continuously.  We didn't have to rely on stage hands to replug the units.  The tricky part was locating the DC systems to be most effect, under the soundboard, but not in the path of the piano coming and going from the box.

Frank Emerson