[pianotech] To unplug or not to unplug

George F Emerson pianoguru at cox.net
Mon Jan 24 20:37:44 MST 2011

Chuck Vetter wrote:
>Where was that "tricky part" location?

I knew someone would ask that.  It was 20-25 years ago, but to the best of my recallection, the DC rods were under the soundboard, barely.  There were no humidifier units.  Seems like we put some sort of guide on the floor to funnel the leading leg into the back of the box, avoiding colliding with the DC rod mounting brackets.  Besides, the isolation of the relatively same box enhanses the effects of the DC.  They might work as well mounted on the side walls, or on the floor, behind and protected by the guides for the leading leg/castor.

Frank Emerson