[pianotech] Yammy

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 21:10:53 MST 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 8:54 PM, Richard Ucci <richarducci at comcast.net>wrote:

> List,
> Local music school with 3 p-22's , 2yrs old. Last tuned March 2010. 60 or
> more sluggish keys between the 3.
> Reamed balance holes and lubed bushings . I can't recall if they have
> weights or not.
> Keys are sticking again, but they did go thru a summer in nj. They keep
> putting me off about DC systems.
> Any suggestion's?
>
> Rick Ucci/ Ucci Piano
> www.uccipiano.com

You probably need to ease the key bushings with an easing pliers. Lube alone
will not fix a too-tight key bushing. Seems to happen in the winters.
Celebrate climate change -- I know I do 'cause it greatly increases my
business. :-)

BTW, I never sell a DC to fix key problems. It might help slightly in a
vertical, but I never mention that as a selling point. Nor do I for any
grand action problem. It's just not what it's primarily designed to do, IMO.
[[Pardon the acronym sandwich]]

--
JF