[pianotech] Yammy

Mr. Mac's tune-repair at allegiance.tv
Tue Jan 25 22:01:03 MST 2011

On Jan 25, 2011, at 8:54 PM, Richard Ucci wrote:

> List,
> Local music school with 3 p-22's , 2yrs old. Last tuned March 2010. 60 or more sluggish keys between the 3.
> Reamed balance holes and lubed bushings . I can't recall if they have weights or not.
> Keys are sticking again, but they did go thru a summer in nj. They keep putting me off about DC systems.
> Any suggestion's?

Richard,

Per your request of any suggestions:
I would forgo the concept of DC systems as a solution and concentrate more
   on what the actual problem is that is causing the keys to stick / be sluggish again.

I would also forgo your approach of reaming any more balance rail holes as a solution.

If in fact the key bushings are causing this problem,
   easing is a more practical and long term solution than lubricating.

The lubricant you used could have created an additional problem in and of itself.

By examining a few of the worst offenders on your next visit,
   you should easily be able to determine the actual cause for this issue.

60 or more is a huge amount and deserves special attention for the real problem,
   especially knowing the usual reliability of Yamaha pianos.

Keith