[pianotech] ties

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 26 11:23:50 MST 2011

Hi Everyone,
I'm curious. Is this really a fact, that wearing a tie generates more income in that we gain more respect?. Does the average home owner with several kids, the tv going, doing her house hold thing talkig to me while carrying her baby.. does she really care if I'm wearing a tie?  Or, does this apply to tuning in churches, schools, colleges, concert venues?  I'm not against ties necessarily.  I used to wear them all the time in college and to church even after that.  In fact, I used to tie a full windsor in a wool tie. :-)  My problem is, I don't like feeling restricted when I tune, but maybe I need to rethink things.  I always thought the dress shirts with the nice tan or black docker type pants was good or a nice golf shirt in the summer or polo shirt and dockers or the cargo type pants that are tan or black.  I don't wear jeans either.  By the way, I have a few extra ties Susan if you want me to mail you a couple.  :-)

I'm not knocking the idea, but is it still the case today or is this a by gone era?  As I mentioned, I have a friend who wears a sport coat and tie dress shoes all the time.  My luck I'd get this old dirty piano to clean and there goes my nice sport coat.  I only own one. lol I had six.  that's another story, no not weight gain. I gave them away when our van broke down on the way to Washington to attend teh school.  We rented a vehicle and my wife and I had to give a way a bunch of stuff while we were in Wyoming in order to be able to get everything into the vehicle.

How do all of you guys dress when you head out to tune.  I've seen it all, jeans and flanel shirt, sport coats and ties, clean shaven and scruffy techs as well.  If anyone wants to rid out a sport coat or two, I take a 42 43 regular lol :-) I think.
Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com